Saturday, January 8, 2011

Book Reviews

After students learn to summarize, they can use their summarizing skills to review a book.  While they will leave the ending out, students will be able to express their own views of the book and author's writing style.  View these Reading Rainbow "Take a Look, It's in a Book" book reviews to give students an idea of what a book review is like.  Create a list of "must-haves" for a book review before students write their own.







You can also visit worldreading.org to read book reviews written by kids, for kids!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Katie! I am a retired teacher, so I enjoyed your blog greatly. I found you through a friend's blog; we have a gluten-free connection. It is good to meet you!! My blog is called "DW Gluten Free Celiac."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi DW!

      Well, obviously you can tell I have not updated this blog since I began it for a Master's class a few years ago! Thanks for commenting. I will be sure to check out your blog. I"m always looking for gluten-free and wheat-free recipes for my husband, who is allergic to wheat. Thanks for reading!

      Delete